Long Island politicians, hospital representatives, behavioral health providers, and community leaders joined Family Service League (FSL) to celebrate the opening of Long Island’s first 24/7/365 crisis stabilization center. DASH is a community based site available to Suffolk residents who struggle with mental health and substance use issues. Assessments, counseling, and care management intervention will be available for children 5+ years old, adolescents, and adults. The goal of crisis intervention is to provide timely care while reducing unnecessary use of emergency departments, inpatient care, and criminal justice services.
Collaborating partners include:
- NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- NYS Office of Mental Health
- Suffolk County Division of Mental Hygiene
- Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone
- Suffolk County Police Department